Center for Jail Transformation envisions a future where every jail in the world has access to the resources it needs to transform into a hub of life-change and positive impact on its local community.
The mission of Center for Jail Transformation is: To empower local jails to transform their culture and their atmosphere so that individuals can transform their lives.
Center For Jail Transformation, Inc. was born out of the great work done by the Arkansas Jail Resource Day Virtual Working Group’s 2020-2021 project to develop the Roadmap to Jail Transformation as a free resource for small jails looking for a plan for how to bring their jail into transformation. (Read more here...)
We formed as a Christian ministry and function as a nonprofit consulting and solutions service.
We always strive to keep our services free-of-charge to jails whose size is less than 200 beds.
April 2020 to March 2021: Original Roadmap Virtual Working Group
April 6, 2021: Incorporated as a nonprofit corporation in the State of Texas
April 16, 2021: Had our first Board Meeting
May 11, 2021: Presented the Roadmap To Jail Transformation at the Third Annual Arkansas Jail Resource Day conference
July 26, 2021: Became a corporate member of AJA - the American Jail Association
August 10, 2021: Received a significant donation to fund our major website development project
August 26, 2021: Received our IRS Determination Letter, granting us 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
September 15, 2021: Merged HOPE AFTER THE FALL ministry to incarcerated women into our programs for jails
The C4JT Advisory Council is established for multiple purposes and benefits, including but not limited to:
- For people who have benefited from our ministry to advise us from their unique perspective
- For people who carry the gift of wisdom to advise the ministry, yet not carry the responsibility of serving on our Board of Directors
- For C4JT to benefit from “a multitude of counselors” (Proverbs 11:14, 15:22, 24:6)
- For people who aspire to serve on our Board to begin the relationship by acting in a formal capacity yet with reduced responsibility
- For C4JT to always have a “pool” of emerging Board Member candidates
Prospective Council members will apply using a simple application form (link here). They will be required to supply a letter from their pastor (if available), maintain church membership, provide a short Bio, a written testimony, and a headshot photo. They will serve with no compensation, will volunteer an average of one hour per month, and be expected to be trained in and assist with C4JT fundraising efforts. They will be invited to attend each Board Meeting as an observer. They will also gather together once a year for a time of networking, brainstorming, and vision-casting for the future. This meeting will be aligned with the annual Board Retreat event.
Council of Reference
The C4JT Council of Reference is for established ministry leaders (and other types of leaders) to formally endorse our ministry. This is typically a letter of reference or endorsement on the letterhead of the leader's organization. We value these letters because they strengthen our position and support in the communities in which we serve. Please contact one of our Board Members to discuss details of this role.
Letter from Cary E. Vaughn, CEO & President, Love Worth Finding: Link Here
Panel of Experts
The C4JT Panel of Experts is a powerful free resource for all jails pursuing transformation. We have experts aligning themselves with us in the following areas, all from a faith-based perspective:
- Addiction Recovery
- Career Development Programs
- Cognitive-Based Training
- College Education (to break negative cycles of systemic poverty)
- Curriculum Implementation
- Criminogenic Behaviors and Assessments
- Data Planning, Evaluations, Outcomes, etc.
- Disability Case Management Navigation
- Funding Strategies
- Gang Intervention
- Job Skills
- Life Skills
- PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) Implementation
- Reentry into the Community (Pre-Release Planning & Community Resources)
- RSAT (Residential Substance Abuse Treatment) Implementation
- Trauma Recovery
- Veterans Support
- Victim Advocacy
- Victim Impact Curriculum
- Women's Support
Statement of Faith
Center For Jail Transformation (“C4JT”) is a diverse association representing many Protestant denominations - all with a common interest in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
All Board Members, Staff, and Volunteers uphold these core beliefs:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God
All Board Members, Staff, and Volunteers must also:
- Have received Jesus as their personal Savior
- Endeavor to follow Him in their daily lives
- Be members in good standing in their Protestant/evangelical churches
- Have the recommendation of their pastors
The C4JT Partner Program includes other like-minded ministries, chaplaincy organizations, curriculum providers, and more. These are listed below in alphabetical order.