Information We Collect
Center for Jail Transformation is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We seek to be transparent about our privacy practices, and this policy is intended to clearly state how information about you will be handled.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to improve our services. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through the use of our services, and from outside sources.
We collect information when you provide it to us through the donation process, through purchasing our products and through being a ministry partner. Your information may be collected and retained for some or all of the following reasons:
- To administer your purchase or donation;
- To confirm receipt of donation, say thank you, and provide details of how your donation might be used;
- To provide you with the services, activities or information you have indicated you want to receive or which you have asked for;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies;
- For our own internal administrative purposes and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- For the purposes of satisfaction research;
- For marketing purposes, to provide you with information about us, our fundraising campaigns, the opportunity to leave a gift in a will, our events, our services, and any other information, products, activities or services we provide;
- Where you have provided your consent to publish your personal data;
- To provide you with information about volunteering opportunities;
- To provide you with details about our campaigns;
- To provide essential event information where you have signed up to attend;
- To manage your communication preferences with us generally;
- To provide you with information about goods and services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or donor opportunities;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/mobile device.
We do not sell rent or lease your personal data to third parties for the purposes of marketing. However, we may share information with our Ministry Partners, and other parties to assist us with establishing, maintaining, and managing our relationship with you and providing ministry products and services.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
If you request to receive no further contact from us or request to have your personal data deleted from our system, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted communications in the future. If we do not retain this information, then this could result in us contacting you again as we would no longer have a record of your request not to be contacted.
We also collect some information automatically:
Information about Cookies and other technology
Third-party websites and social networks
While no online service is 100 percent secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.